Exalt Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiki edits in wake of the guild meeting.

Go down

Wiki edits in wake of the guild meeting. Empty Wiki edits in wake of the guild meeting.

Post  Guttler Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Fellow officers of Exalt,

Several weeks back we had a guild meeting thread where we discussed potential changes to Exalt. We had a productive discussion among ourselves and some veteran members about the future of our wonderful guild and what changes we'd like to make.

Previously, we'd taken stock of all the comments and the plan was that us officers would work on hammering out some words into good paragraphs that we could put up on the wiki to show the new changes. However, Plumbledoor's vacation and move have kept him pretty busy so we haven't made any edits to the official policies on the wiki yet. Our situation is like having a roller coaster sitting at the top of the hill just waiting to plunge down.

I think this situation requires us officers to take action and start writing the wiki edits ourselves. I plan to start writing a few sections that we can add to the wiki in the future. I welcome you to join me in both the writing and giving feedback on sections and sentences that you feel could be written better or don't communicate the message fully.

Guttler

Back to top Go down

Wiki edits in wake of the guild meeting. Empty Re: Wiki edits in wake of the guild meeting.

Post  Guttler Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:26 am

The low hanging fruit of potential edits:

In our big banner box we could change the founder back to Artemisix. She (I think it's a she anyway.) was the original founder, but Aki had some dislike for her and didn't want her name to be on the wiki. I never knew the person and don't hold a grudge, so I'd rather be truthful and display the real founders name.

Going to bold my edits.

How To Join

All nice and mature people are welcome to Exalt. Before you join, please read the Guild Rules and Standards below. Players that wish to join on their own should have or be close to having a full 3-star set of equipment. However, good friends of our guild members can join with any set of equipment.
In both cases, any player wanting to join Exalt should fill out the below application. Then, send the application via an in-game mail to either 1) the proctor recruiting you or 2) an officer in or near your country. (See list of officers above and their countries. Mailing an officer in a time zone close to your own will result in the quickest response.) Please allow up to 24-48 hours for a reply. If there is no reply, try contacting another officer, or talk to anyone from Exalt in Haven.

Please take some time and write long responses to these questions. This application is the best way for you to give us a first impression of you. Giving us only short, one or two word answers, is frowned upon, Here, in Exalt, we like a good read; write us your story. (This could be better, but we really need something like this.)

Exalt Guild Application (Taken from Rhea.)
1. Have you read Exalt's "Rules and Standards", and do you fully agree to obey them?
2. How did you find out about Exalt? If someone recommended you, who was it and how well do you know him?
3. What are you looking for in a guild?
4. What other guilds have you been in (if any) and why did you leave?
5. When did you start playing Spiral Knights and what do you enjoy doing in Spiral Knights?
6. What runs do you enjoy doing and what runs do you do regularly?
7. Please tell us about your best and worst teamwork experience you've been in.
8. What are your favorite weapons and what type(s) of weapons (swords, bombs, and/or guns) do you usually bring for runs?
9. Is there anything about other players, their actions, or anything guild related that you don't like or can ruin your fun? If yes, what are they?
10. (Optional Questions) How old are you? Where are you from? Do you mind if we add your country's flag next to your name on the Wiki (if accepted)?
(I'd like to to have an option where someone can download the application already typed into a word file or RTF with the instruction section also included. Is this possible?)

If your application is approved, you will be taken on a recruitment run with an Officer or Guild Master to assess your skills. The run varies depending on equipment and the Officer or GM taking you on the run.

Storage - Donating materials and equipment is always welcome. Your donations are a necessary source of funds for the Exalt Guild Bank. (See Guild Bank section below.) If you would like to donate, please store the items in a Storage rather than putting them in the Treasury (as items in the Treasury cannot be removed). However, taking items from the storage is only allowed for personal use--for yourself and only yourself! Selling anything from our storage is strictly forbidden!!! If you take expensive materials (over 1K crowns in value) or a big lot of materials from the storage, please repay with a 20% discount. (Payment via crowns to the Treasury or other equipment/materials to Storage is accepted.)

More to come. Up next energy wells and design mode.

Guttler

Back to top Go down