Exalt Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, Exalternators. :)

2 posters

Go down

Greetings, Exalternators. :) Empty Greetings, Exalternators. :)

Post  Aba Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:37 am

I am Aba; real name is Andrew. My life is primarily centered around math tutoring, music exploration, tabletop/video games and computer science. You can ask me anything on these and I'll likely answer in an intelligent, sometimes detailed, response. Cool

Excerpts from my Exalt application:
~ I look for guilds that I want to be a member of for the long run (as I hate to guild-hop), along with a steady membership and goes beyond the typical scope of the game (whether it be contests, challenges or playing other games besides SK, among other things). And this is one of the guilds that would fit strongly well for me.
~ I started [SK] just over a year ago, and I usually play about 1-2 hours a day on average (to roughly deplete my ME). Sometimes I take short or long breaks from SK: to play other games, if someone needs a stable Internet connection in a urgent matter, if it's the holiday season, or just to not get fully bored from the game.
~ Current favorite weapons include the brandishes in Glacius and Acheron, Polaris, VT and Dark Retribution. Still seeking the best piercing weapon [for my style of play]. [I seem to prefer a hit-and-run strategy and combined-melee-and-ranged-type weaponry.]
~ [The runs I do are] the ones that yield the most rewards. Those include: FSC runs (with or without Duke), Jelly King runs, Twins runs, revisiting random rank missions, Clockworks prestige missions, Danger prestige missions (with an available group), OCH (with an available group), and arcade recipe runs (if needed). Have not done a Shadow Lair run yet.

My nick "Aba" is short for Abacab, an album and title track by prog rock band Genesis. AbaTheGuy just clicked soonafter, though recently it has been misinterpreted at a-bathe-guy. Razz My current character's getup (blue color, azure guardian armor, mining hat) best describes my personality and such: cool, classicist, instrumental and discoverer. I can't think of a better outfit than this, unless anyone has any "fashion" tips. Razz

I have lots of things I could share, but I'll yield a few for right now.

A recent SK screenshot with two different titles. (Try to determine what each parodies.)
1) All... greens!
2) I'm blue. Got a green on the fly. Got a green on the fly...
Greetings, Exalternators. :) AllGreens_zps2abcf995

A website I found where you can post your own favorite jam each week.
http://www.thisismyjam.com/AbaTheGuy

A "Prognostications" YouTube playlist of 21 songs from 2012 to 2010. (Shows a small window to the music I like.)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJE5a80RY7kIN6p8RAScTmPcl1wpMdY-U

I have lots of games on Steam, including SK, Portal 2 and Terraria. Add me as a friend if you like to play or chat.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/abatheguy/

Last edited by Aba on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Name/Character description and Steam information)
Aba
Aba
Admin
Admin

http://apsrcentral.x10.bz

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Exalternators. :) Empty Re: Greetings Exalternators :)

Post  Mahx Michael Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 am

What is Tabletop Games exactly? Do you know any Examples?
And what does your profile avatar image symbolize?? Is it meant to look like anything specific? Or is it simply art? Smile
It's pretty nice artwork. Have you made it yourself?
Mahx Michael
Mahx Michael

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Exalternators. :) Empty Re: Greetings, Exalternators. :)

Post  Aba Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Mahx Michael wrote:What is Tabletop Games exactly? Do you know any Examples?
And what does your profile avatar image symbolize?? Is it meant to look like anything specific? Or is it simply art? Smile
It's pretty nice artwork. Have you made it yourself?

"Tabletop games" is the broad term referring to board games, card games, dice games, and all sorts of other games that are typically played on a table. Some examples of my favorites are Yahtzee, Monopoly, and Uno. Smile

My profile avatar is a modified cover of the aforementioned album Abacab.
Abacab was originally released in four different covers, each with the pieces' colors switched around. This "fifth cover" I made and used as my avatar since my previous guild. Both that guild and a song from the album has "dark" in its name, so it fits well in. I would later use it in iTunes as the cover of "Abacab Complete," which is Abacab plus five songs coming from its sessions.

Overall, Abacab seems to be my most personal to me out of all the music I have listened to. Most of the lyrics speak of my personality. My favorite band is Genesis. Its music falls into a combination of my favorite rock genres like progressive, pop, classic, art, punk and contemporary. Lastly, it was released around my birthday. Smile
Aba
Aba
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahx Michael Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:37 am

How did you get that fancy box where you repeated my last message in your text??

Have you ever tried playing Trading Card Games?? Like for example "Magic: the Gathering" or "Pokémon"??
Mahx Michael
Mahx Michael

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahx Michael Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:07 am

I can't really say i share your taste of music Sad Coldplay is cool, and so where many of the others as well, but it's not really my style.
Though my musical taste is pretty odd. The things that counts to me when i choose my music, is to crash together as many genres as possible Smile . Because of that, most of my music can't be put into a specific genre, so it all ends up simply as Pop-Rock. The more boundaries are crossed, the more I like it... even when it comes to language cyclops
Anyways, my favorite artist is currently "Supercell", and it has also been for a while. Please try out some of their music, like this or this one Smile (I don't expect you to like it, though).

By the way. What do you think of the poem i wrote underneath? It sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? Laughing

(It looks like you have to be logged in to see the URL Links!)

Last edited by Mahx Michael on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mahx Michael
Mahx Michael

Back to top Go down

Post  Aba Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Mahx Michael wrote:How did you get that fancy box where you repeated my last message in your text??

Have you ever tried playing Trading Card Games?? Like for example "Magic: the Gathering" or "Pokémon"??

There is a black "QUOTE" button next to the heading of the post. Clicking yields a post reply with what was said in the box.

Sadly, the only trading card game I've played was the Pokemon TCG. Sadly being that I don't know why I got into it in the first place, other than being sucked into the fandom of Pokemon in general. I still have a big container of very old cards from the first few series. (No idea how well it will sell for.) I haven't played any Pokemon game for over 12 years now, other than a "Pokemon Rescue Team" game to see how it was. Still the same tedious time-waster. 251 Pokemon is enough for me. Razz
Aba
Aba
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aba Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Mahx Michael wrote:I can't really say i share your taste of music Sad Coldplay is cool, and so where many of the others as well, but it's not really my style.
Though my musical taste is pretty odd. The things that counts to me when i choose my music, is to crash together as many genres as possible Smile . Because of that, most of my music can't be put into a specific genre, so it all ends up simply as Pop-Rock. The more boundaries are crossed, the more I like it... even when it comes to language cyclops
Anyways, my favorite artist is currently "Supercell", and it has also been for a while. Please try out some of their music, like this or this one Smile (I don't expect you to like it, though).

By the way. What do you think of the poem i wrote underneath? It sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? Laughing

Most of the music I get is if it interests me in some way. For example, I got into Coldplay because of their similarities to U2. Others may come from music interests or suggestions by my family or friends. (We are very music-recreational. My classic rock and pop interests mostly come from my parents.) Sometimes, some "best albums" lists intrigue me on what to get. Sometimes there may be a greatest hits collection of a band I have heard of but hardly know their music on sale on Amazon for way cheap. It's all part of my "music exploration." (Pretty soon, I'm going to make a bracket of my favorite albums, like the yearly men's college basketball national tournament.) Smile

Supercell's music sounds intriguing, but it's something that I'm not ready to dive into now. Thanks anyway for sharing. Smile

If you are referring to your signature, it's good. But I'm not the best judge of poetry. Other than possibly noting any numerics of it. Like Haiku poems. Smile
Aba
Aba
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum